Kendall County PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter) urgently needs volunteers. We are inviting citizens to attend an informal get-together to “Talk About PADS”. In a pleasant setting with a cup of coffee, tea, or soda, site leaders will talk about the needs of people experiencing homelessness. They will describe how PADS operates to provide guests a safe place to sleep, meals, and hospitality of volunteers.
Site coordinators will tell how the program goes beyond the life basics. Volunteers in the Guest Assistance Program work with guests to bridge them to social agencies for addressing their larger needs of employment, counseling and permanent or transitional housing.
PADS is offering a choice of places and times to join a Q & A small group.
- Monday, September 11 — 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Plano Public Library
- Tuesday, September 12 — 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.. at Starbucks, Yorkville
- Tuesday, September 12, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Oswego Library, Montgomery Branch
- Wednesday, September 13 — 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Oswego Public Library
- Thursday, September 14 — 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Village Grind, Oswego
- Saturday, September 16 – 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. at Panera, Yorkville.
Join the conversation
Citizens, 18 and older, may attend. No reservation needed. No commitments expected. You may come to listen, learn, ask questions, and, perhaps, become inspired to become a volunteer. www.kendallcountypads.org
Anne Engelhardt, Executive Director
Kendall County PADS