Kendall County Public Action to Deliver Shelter (PADS) is a 501c3 (not-for-profit) organization. Your contributions and donations are tax deductible.
Help Support the Homeless in Kendall County Illinois
Your support goes a long way to providing comfort to the area’s needy. PADS appreciates items for the homeless guests and monetary donations. Thank you.
- Backpacks – adult sizes
- Bottled water, cases
- Paper plates, bowls, cups; plastic glasses; plastic utensils
- Boxer shorts for men – all sizes
- Winter hats, gloves and scarves for men and women
- Socks for men and women
- Tooth brushes and tooth brush holders
- Bar soap
- Flash drive (small memory)
- Monetary donations (for general operating expenses, foods, cleaning supplies)
- Pre-paid laundromat cards ($7.00 each) for Yorkville Laundromat (guests receive a prepaid card once a week to use for their personal clothing)
Checks can be written to “Kendall County PADS” and mailed to:
Kendall County PADS
P.O. Box 1136
Yorkville, IL 60560
You can also make a donation using PayPal:
All donations are tax-deductible.
(If you wish to donate clothing items, please bring them to either (a) Caring Hands Thrift Store, 1002 S. Bridge St, Yorkville, or (b) Kendall County Community Food Pantry, 202 Beaver St, Yorkville. PADS partners with not-for-profit agencies to provide clothing for guests when needed.)
Other ways to assist the PADS program:
- VOLUNTEER to serve a partial shift to help with morning tasks. Time would be 6:00 – 7:15 am. Choose your morning – come in only once or twice a month. Contact PADS for more information.
- Provide part of the evening meal: main entree or casserole, side dish, or dessert
- Bring used linens to the Kendall County Jail for cleaning and return clean linens to the shelter site
- Join the Publicity Team to promote and educate others about PADS
- Assist Director with computer and clerical tasks
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate your interest to help PADS in other ways.