Kendall County Public Action to Deliver Shelter (PADS) is a 501c3 (not-for-profit) organization. Your contributions and donations are tax deductible.
Help Support the Homeless in Kendall County Illinois
Your support goes a long way to providing comfort to the area’s needy. PADS appreciates items for the homeless guests and monetary donations. Thank you.
- Backpacks – adult sizes
- Bottled water, cases
- Hand-warmer packets
- Paper plates, bowls, cups; plastic glasses; plastic utensils
- Boxer shorts for men – all sizes
- Winter hats, gloves and scarves for men and women
- Socks for men and women
- Bar soap and plastic container
- Keurig coffee makers (can be used but still functioning) and K-cups/ generic brand cups for the coffee maker (One shelter site without a kitchen uses this system for coffee for guests and volunteers.)
- Monetary donations (for general operating expenses, foods, cleaning supplies)
- Pre-paid laundromat cards ($7.00 each) for Yorkville Laundromat (guests receive a prepaid card once a week to use for their personal clothing)
- Pre-paid gift cards (in $3.00 to $5.00 amounts) to McDonalds, Burger King, or Dunkin Donuts (where guests often go to be out of the cold, rain, and snow)
- NCG movie theatre passes in Yorkville
Gift cards may be directly given to Director who will distribute them appropriately. Call (630-334-8180) to make arrangements for gift card delivery.
Checks can be written to “Kendall County PADS” and mailed to:
Kendall County PADS
P.O. Box 1136
Yorkville, IL 60560
You can also make a donation using PayPal. All donations are tax-deductible.
If you wish to donate clothing items, please bring them to either (a) Caring Hands Thrift Store, 1002 S. Bridge St, Yorkville, or (b) Kendall County Community Food Pantry, 208 Beaver St, Yorkville. PADS partners with not-for-profit agencies to provide clothing for guests when needed.
Other ways to assist the PADS program:
- VOLUNTEER to serve a partial shift to help with morning tasks. Time would be 5:45 – 7:15 am. Choose your morning – come in only once or twice a month. Contact PADS for more information.
- Join a food team and provide part of the evening meal: main entree or casserole, side dish, or dessert
- Bring used linens to the Kendall County Jail for cleaning and return clean linens to the shelter site ( Laundry drivers needed: Thursday mornings or Saturday mornings, about 2 hours)
- Join the Recruiting Team to promote and educate others about PADS (main time frame is August – October)
Send an email to email@example.com to communicate your interest to help PADS in other ways.