Kendall County Public Action to Deliver Shelter (PADS) is a 501c3 (not-for-profit) organization. Your contributions and donations are tax deductible.
Help Support the Homeless in Kendall County Illinois
Due to the coronavirus, PADS will not be open fall-winter 2020-2021. The organization will NOT need donations this winter season. When PADS is ready to reopen in the future, this website will list the needs of the shelter program and its homeless guests.
If you have a material donation, you may choose to donate it to either Caring Hands Thrift Store, 1002 S. Bridge St., Yorkville (630-553-1847) or Kendall County Area Food Pantry, 208 Beaver St., Yorkville (630-553-0473).
Your support goes a long way to providing comfort to people in need. PADS appreciates items for the homeless guests and monetary donations. Thank you.
- Backpacks – adult sizes
- Bottled water, cases
- Hand-warmer packets
- Paper plates, bowls, cups; plastic glasses; plastic utensils
- Boxer shorts for men – all sizes
- Winter hats, gloves and scarves for men and women
- Socks for men and women
- Bar soap and plastic container
- Monetary donations (for general operating expenses, foods, cleaning supplies)
- Pre-paid laundromat cards ($7.00 each) for Yorkville Laundromat, Rt 34. (Guests receive a prepaid card once a week to use for their personal clothing)
- Pre-paid gift cards (in $3.00 to $5.00 amounts) to McDonalds, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, Arby’s (where guests often go to be out of the cold, rain, and snow)
- NCG movie theatre passes in Yorkville
Gift cards may be directly given to Director who will distribute them appropriately to the various shelter sites, which will dive them to guests as needed. Call (630-334-8180) to make arrangements.
Checks can be written to “Kendall County PADS” and mailed to:
Kendall County PADS
P.O. Box 1136
Yorkville, IL 60560
You can also make a donation using PayPal. All donations are tax-deductible.
If you wish to donate clothing items, please bring them to either (a) Caring Hands Thrift Store, 1002 S. Bridge St, Yorkville, or (b) Kendall County Community Food Pantry, 208 Beaver St, Yorkville. PADS partners with not-for-profit agencies to provide clothing for guests when needed.
PADS will not be open for the fall-winter season 2020-2021.
Other ways to assist the PADS program, beginning October 2021:
- VOLUNTEER to serve a partial shift to help with morning tasks. Time would be 5:45 – 7:15 am. Choose your morning – come in only once or twice a month. Contact PADS for more information.
- Join a food team and provide part of the evening meal: main entree or casserole, side dish, or dessert (Food Teams are filled for 2019-2020)
- Serve as a laundry-exchange driver. Bring used linens to the Kendall County Jail and return clean linens to the shelter site ( Laundry drivers needed: Thursday mornings or Saturday mornings, about 2 hours)
- Join the Recruiting Team to promote and educate others about PADS (main time frame is August – October)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate your interest to help PADS in other ways.