Job skills programs and employment resources for residents of Kendall County, Illinois
KCDEE (Kane and Kendall Counties Department of Education and Employment)
Location: Kendall County Health Department Building, Room 225
811 W. John St., Yorkville
Career Resource Hours: Mon- Wed 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Thursday from noon to 4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Employment and Training Representative, Rebecca Aimone web link
- Job Search Assistance including job leads that are posted for review
- Resume and Cover Letter Development Assistance
- Access to Computers for Internet, WinWay (resume program and the various Microsoft Office programs)
- Mavis Beacon Typing Tutorial
- Illinois Job Link
- Phones to call on job leads
- Recruiters from area businesses who will do on-site interviewing
- Fax machine and copier for sending and making resumes for job leads, phones, computers
Workforce Development Office
Kendall County Office Building, 3rd floor
111 West Fox Street, Room 316,
Office Hours M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 pm.
Kendall Youth Employment Program (16-24 years of age)
Kendall Youth Employment Program can help unemployed youth, dropouts, and youth who are at risk of dropping out. The program is free and operates out of the Kendall Regional Office of Education in Yorkville. The program serves youth in DeKalb, Kane, and Kendall County. Youth don’t have to live in a low-income household if they are high school dropout, on probation, or a “parenting youth”.
Regional Office of Education
109 W. Ridge St., Yorkville IL 60560
Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. arranged by appointment.
- Youths between 16 and 24 years old
- Residents of Kendall, Kane, or DeKalb counties
- Have ONE of these factors:
- Need to get a GED
- Be a young parent
- Be on probation/ parole or have been in court
- Need assistance to get a job and also meet income guidelines
Benefits of the Kendall Youth Employment Program
- GED assessment and tutoring (Students who are considering dropping out should be warned that the new GED test is based on Common Core Standards and is therefore more difficult to pass.)
- Assistance finding employment
- Job opportunities and referrals
- Subsidized employment opportunities
- Assistance finding grants and loans for college classes and other training
- Counseling when needed such as drug and alcohol abuse counseling
- Coaching on how to apply and interview for jobs
- Career counseling
Yorkville Public Library – Career Center
902 Game Farm Road
Library Hours: Mon-Thu 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Fri 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sat 10 a.m. – 4 pm; closed Sunday
Searching for a job?
Yorkville Public Library has a collection of freely available job resources to help you on your search. Career Center in the Adult Reference Section; collection of up-to-date career resource books and other career materials.
Waubonsee Community College
Location: Sugar Grove Campus, Rt 47, Waubonsee Drive
Call (630) 466-7900, ext. 2255
www.waubonsee.edu on left side menu, click on WCC Resources & Services
In any economic climate, Waubonsee offers a variety of resources, services and educational programs to help you choose, prepare for and apply for jobs that are right for you.
- Counseling Center
- Career Services
- Workforce Development
- Community Education
- Adult Education
- Career Degrees and Certificates
- Transfer Degrees
Waubonsee College Career Development Center
www.waubonsee.edu Follow these the links: Home – Student Experiences- Student Services – Career Development Center
Through a variety of free programs and services that are available to students, alumni and community members, the Career Development Center can help empower you as you conduct your job search.
Resources and services include:
- Personal and professional assistance from career development advisors
- Computer lab with Internet access to career and job search sites
- Assistance with résumé preparation and interview skills
- Job opening information online at College Central
- Online résumé builder Optimal Résumé
- Job fairs
- Career Resource Library
Services are available at Sugar Grove, Aurora, Plano and Copley Campuses. Please call for an appointment (630) 466-2368.
Job Search Websites
Jobs listed weekly for Kendall County.
In the search bar, enter the name of the city where you wish to find jobs and the kind of work you are interested in doing.
www.yorkvillepatch.com – Local jobs listings
Click on the “JOBS” tab on the center bar menu. Local job listings posted several times a week.
- Unemployment claims
- Unemployment Benefits
- Looking for a job
- Resources for people with disabilities
- Helping veterans find jobs