We need (and appreciate) our volunteers!
The Board of Directors says THANK YOU for your selfless gift of time, energy and kindness given so freely to the homeless guests whom we serve. YOU are the heart and soul of the organization. Without YOU the shelter program would not exist. We hope that you truly experience the blessings of unconditional giving. Your gifts make the world a better place for all!
Most volunteers work one shift (about 4-1/2 hours) per month. Your investment of this time means a great deal to the area’s homeless. Shelter from the cold, a hot meal, and a warm smile can brighten someone’s day and give them hope for the future.
It takes nearly 600 volunteers to operate PADS efficiently. EVERY volunteer is important and contributes to the successful operation of this shelter program.
- 17 volunteers are needed every day during the PADS “season” (October – April)
- 12 volunteers per site (2 men and 2 women, for each of 3 shifts)
- 4 volunteers to serve on the food team, plus 1 laundry driver = 17 volunteers per day, per site
- 17 volunteers per day x 5 weeks for each site = 85 per site x 7 sites = 595 volunteers
- Some volunteers sign up to serve more than one time per month
- ONE SHIFT per month for a total of SIX TIMES per winter season is so little and so much!
M = Male Needed • F = Female Needed
|Sunday @ Cross Lutheran||Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Foods Crew||Laundry Drivers|
|Week 2||–||1M, 1F||–||–||–|
|Monday @ Yorkville Congregational||Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Foods Crew||Laundry Drivers|
|Week 1||–||1M,1F||1M, 1F||2||1|
|Week 2||1F||1M, 1F||–||–||–|
|Week 4||1F||1M, 1 F||1M,1F||1||–|
|Week 5||1M||1 F||–||–|
|Tuesday @ Harvest New Beginnings||Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Foods Crew||Laundry Drivers|
|Week 5 (||–||–||–||–||–|
|Wednesday – – Shelter site to be decided||Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Foods Crew||Laundry Drivers|
|Thursday @ Trinity Church||Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Foods Crew||Laundry Drivers|
|Week 3||–||–||1F, 1M||–||–|
|Friday @ Good Shepherd UM||Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Foods Crew||Laundry Drivers|
|Saturday @ St. Luke’s||Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Foods Crew||Laundry Drivers|
|Week 2||–||1M, 1F||1M,1F||–||–|
|Week 3||–||1m, 1F||1M,1F||–||–|
|Week 4||1M, 1F||1M, 1F||1M,1F||–||–|
|For additional information about PADS, e-mail the PADS Director.|